Why hello there! I am not sure if you remember me. I used to write here at least once every week. I have been gone for what seems like two going on three weeks. I have no idea what kept me away from blogging for that long. Now that I think back, I can’t seem to put my finger on what kept me busy.
Thank you fo dropping by today and I want to talk to you about Sleek’s Contour Kit. We do not have Sleek makeup readily available in Singapore. I came to know of it through our faithful London beauty bloggers and Youtubers. I love the London youtubers. There is such something about the way they speak and construct their sentences that always manages to convince me that I need what they are reviewing. That’s exactly what happened when I first came across sleek!
Contouring has been in the beauty industry for the last, well forever.
According to beauty experts, when we women apply foundation onto our skin, we remove the natural contour we have on our faces ever so slightly. The contouring method is used to darken certain areas and highlight certain areas to make features such as your cheek bones, pop and ultimately make your face look smaller/slimmer. It is not a very complicating process but if I were to be completely honest, I would say that my contouring skills leave much to be desired. I simply go on a whim and place the product where I think it should go. 90% of the time I get it right. The other 10% of the time, let’s just say that I look slanted to the left.
After much consideration, I decided to purchase the Sleek Contour Kit in Medium. I had high expectations for the product as it bares the imprint, “Sleek” on the packaging. And I am happy to report that it met every single one of my expectations.
The product comes with two pressed powders. The first, a frost finish golden-beige highlight and a matte finish muddy-brown. This kit is perfect for those of you are between an NC40 to an NC45 by MAC. The highlight seemed extremely harsh when I first swatched it but blended in, it looks like the perfect glow. Thankfully the shimmer particles in the highlight are really tiny and subtle.
I love the contour shade as it is just about two shades darker than my skin. That means that the contrast between my skin and the product is not stark so it looks like a natural cast of shadow.
This is how the product looks like when it is blended in. Sleek has three shades for their contour kits. Light, Medium and Dark. They are extremely pigmented and they are formulated to provide the perfect amount of “natural looking” contour and highlight. They retail for USD$8.49 on sleekmakeup.com. They ship worldwide at a flat rate of USD$13. If you want to purchase it from Singapore, you can get it from luxola.com.
I recommend this product for those who are interested to try out contouring. It would work as a bronzer to those who have darker skin. Sometimes, I cheat a little and use the product as an eyeshadow and brow highlight :) I love multi-use products!
With that, I leave you here. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I love you guys and have missed you so. Rest well, eat well and love to the fullest! Be blessed with a great week pumpkins. Thank you for dropping by again.